Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

Maori Contingent

Maori Contingent

“Haere e tama ma. Haere me te whakaaro ki te pupuri i te rongo toa a o tatou tipuna. Kia wehi ki whakaaro ki te pupuri i te rongo toa a o tatou tipuna. Kia whai ki te Atua. Whakahonoretia te kingi.”  I am ready to go out there, I am ready for the action we are going to see with my own bare eyes. Shooting a gun is really different than spinning a taiaha around. I'm am not sure if I am going to return. tell my maori lessons are over for the students because i'm not coming back till a  year. When we see the germans next to our trenches we are going to to a haka to scar them away.We get the best uniform that is really camoflage we even get a bayonet, rifle, pocket knife and grenades and other grenades that are different like smoke ones.The thing I hate is how the captain treats us he told us to dig trenches until 2:00 in the morning.People here are like my friends now they are like family to me as well as friends.First I did not like this but I am starting to like it here but if I die I will not like it here any longer. The only thing I like here is when we go to sleep and eat. Ok I need to go and line up and start digging trenches again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.